Wednesday, April 26, 2006

i hate phones

I hate phones. Every time the phone rings I get a slight heebiedy-jeebiedy feel in my heart. If I don't know who it is, I find it especially hard to pick up. Calling people can take a few days to work up to unless I completely have to. How I've ever had any kind of phone sex is beyond me. People should either helicopter themselves to my vicinity, or mail me a letter, or start up a typing chat. I hate strangers on the phone, I hate friends on the phone. People who know me very well, especailly the talkative ones, and I tend to surround myself with them, will tell me: what are you talking about? you're a great phone-person. I just hide it well. If I'm feeling down or nervous, believe me, phone calls are the first thing to go. No visual cues. No time to form coherent sentences. No way to put a hand lightly on a shoulder. Forget it. I hate my phone. I use it, but I just had to confess.

This was brought on by the fact that T is going to call me soon and we are going to "discuss".

*Insert ominous music.*

4 comments:

Jstine said...

Again, Learn, we're on the same wavelength: after quite a few decades of phoning in every possible context, I still get "butterflies" when I have to face the damned thing -- both calling and getting called.

Fancy cellphone or old Ma Bell Princess, it makes no difference. I use 'em but I don't like it much. (That said, I had a deep conversation with a girlfriend -- platonic, so far -- this afternoon, and actually found myself able to say some painful things and actually get some support from her responses...)

So...tell us whether T called and whether there was more great sex in connection with What's-her-name (are we calling her "A" now?).

Hugs, J

Spirit57 said...

My phone is a huge part of my life as it is tied to my hip, lays beside my bed while I sleep and afixes itself to my vehicle as I drive.
And yet as common as it is, I share your intrepidation when it rings.
My first vist to your site ...it is very well done.
Thank you for yor thoughts ...

learn said...

Nina- That is just exactly what I do. OK I officially like you. :)

Justine- Glad I'm not alone hehe. But like you said, every once in a while it can pull through. Yeah things are a bit on hold in the threesome respect, some thinking required. Kisses!

Spirit- Thank you for the comment! The staple you'd rather do without eh? So glad you enjoyed, hope you will be back.. Look forward to checking your site out more too...

Love to all,
Learn

tui said...

That's funny, I thought phone anxiety was just me. I find receiving phone calls the worst. Recently I've been having email and letter anxiety too- not wanting to open my mail. I think it's because it's always another urgent bill that I just don't want to know about. Boo