Monday, June 12, 2006

1. when we can- love

I am going to be busy in this coming month. But after a while of silence, I have suddenly came up with a long, long series of posts. 28 to be precise. Ouch. It is kind of my way of trying to tie up as many loose ends as I can. The only way I can really begin clear my head and take stock. Remember this was all written in a very short amount of time. And my titles suck because I don't have time to think of cool ones. And much of this will be long past by the time I finish posting it all. It might even change.

But in the very least, this place will not be abandoned.



Dear T,

When I can, I tell myself I shouldn’t write letters to you in my head anymore. There are very few to whom I do this. I think of how that was always the biggest sign that I loved you more than I cared to put into words.

Loved my version of you that is. I am not fully blind to that. (Though telling you I see it is a weak form of insurance.)

Love is a strong, mysterious word, and semantics is a game I cannot play, though the gods know I’ve tried, and too many posts where I have have gone unpublished over this year. But I am afraid now as I write this, because all other words -and arguments for these words- begin to look like cop-outs, escapes.

Love. It is not so hard after all, for all the hoopla.

5 comments:

anna said...

Love is a magical, undeniable emotion and though we try so hard to control it, I doubt any of us ever succeed.

I've missed you - sorry I haven't been around to read and comment. I've been on a wonderful vacation with my honey for the past week! Yay us!

Ciao bella...your wonderful
anna:)

learn said...

Anna!! I've missed you too! Glad you've been vacationing and that you had fun.

Myself, I've been keeping busy, gardening and cleaning and not putting up posts. :)

This was a difficult one to put up. I plan to do a whole series of these ones, let's see how it goes.

Thanks babe, for reading. And you're pretty wonderful yourself!

Learn

Jstine said...

Yeah, no kidding, you HAVEN'T been putting up posts a whole lot -- that's not a gripe, babe, because you've left the odd message around the place, just when one gets edgy/desperate.

And you're in a complicated place now, wanting to move on, yet with the family coming to fuss over you a bit. And that hopefully gives breathing and/or thinking and/or reflecting space either to get over T or to...?

I'm looking forward to those 20-odd fragments or mini-essays, or whatever you've so methodically confected.

More hugs 'N STUFF! Justine

O said...

We always speak of love as if it were kind and gentle and 'loving'.
It's not; it's remorseless and inexorable.

I wish i could give you comfort now.

Love
O

learn said...

Dear O,

I'm only just getting a chance to get back to you, the family have moved their troops into my house and it is an ongoing fight for my sanity.

I do so relish your comments though!

Yes, there is no shelter from love I think. I wish I could explain better what I mean about love being easy. That it is unforced? That it something that is already settled in, has already made itself comfy? Must go think.


Love,
Learn