Thursday, August 11, 2005

kiss me, kate



You know, he doesn’t kiss me.

And it kind of bothers me.

I brush my teeth pretty regularly, stay away from the onion and the garlic when he's around, keep the mint on hand….so I’m thinking it’s not my breath.

But nope, we just don't kiss.

And I think I know why. It’s ‘Pretty Woman’ syndrome, don’t you think?

Whores don’t kiss their clients. It might elicit ‘emotional attachment.’

(I guess that makes me his whore. Or vice versa.

It doesn’t really mean much to me, the word ‘whore’. It neither offends nor pleases me. It is like a piece of gum that has been chewed in too many different mouths too many times. It’s lost its flavor, it doesn’t stick to anything anymore. )

Anyways, if that is the case (and I will ask him one of these days), I do kind of understand his rationale. Isn’t a kiss is the most intimate thing we can share with someone?

How strange. That he has seen parts of me that the rest of the world hasn’t. That he can touch my hidden naked skin and put himself inside me. But our lips venture out into the world every day. Eyes have taken them in when we've talked, food has been pushed inside with a fork, the wind has chapped them and the sun has burnt them.…Yet he cannot touch his lips to mine.

He did kiss me once. I was pushed up against my living room wall by him, and his face was inches in front of mine. I looked right into his face and I know that I pleaded silently. I know my eyes were desperate for him. I might have even tilted my neck towards him. Really I was just screaming for it: ‘You’re here. I’m here. Kiss me goddamit!!’

I can say I need to be fucked. But ask for a kiss, and I’d be weak.

Maybe I read too much into it. But I do trust my instincts. I would have started the kiss myself if he hadn't looked so closed off all of a sudden. While my eyes were begging, his just seemed to hold back. I'm sure I didn't imagine it, his hesitation in that moment. I detected that hint of ‘I shouldn’t... but ah, what the hell?’ as he leaned over to comply. And he hasn’t kissed me again since.

But he took my lips briefly between his for a moment. For one lovely second the wet hot inside of his mouth surrounded my soft lips, distorted them upwards diagonally and then pulled away.

And then he moved down to my cunt.

I was more than happy for him to go there. But I do like to think about that one-second kiss.

Did the kiss become forbidden just by mere association? Because we know all too well how the formula goes? We’ve seen it in the movies: the couple falls in love, and then they invariably seal it with a soft openmouthed kiss. And then music plays in the background, and we are meant to understand that they are now happily bound to each other.

Usually a kiss is the first thing we can steal from someone. The first taste, the easiest part that can be taken. An opening, a beginning of something more.

Or maybe there is more to it than that. Are we uncomfortable with kisses because they bring our heads together? Because the blood rushes to our faces? Is that too close for comfort to our brains, to these reaching souls that drive the electricity of our bodies?

Maybe.

But it seems a shame. Because nothing turns me on more than a hot wet kiss.

My lips are a huge erogenous zone. I love how they rest every so slightly crooked across my face. The dip between two crests at the center when you trace your fingers across my upper lip. The points at the edges where the top and bottom lips meet, those points that deepen when I smile. And the feel of it, that different kind of skin, soft and rare, pink with pulsing vessels, tingling with nerve endings. And I haven’t even reached the inside of my mouth yet. The warm inside of my mouth, foreshadowing my cunt. That velvet raw smoothness of the insides of my cheeks, the contrast with my teeth. And my curious pliable tongue, waiting to explore slowly, to taste, to stroke and be stroked.

And when two mouths meet. Oh!

There is an equality to it that turns me on. Sometimes I think therein lies my attraction to girl-on-girl and guy-on-guy sex. Like when two women lean over for a kiss and push against each other, and their breasts smash against each other, and their nipples touch. That mirror image. Mmm…. that is the point where they’ve got me moaning.

That cymbal crash. That perfectly imperfect merging, mouth to mouth, lip to lip, tongue to tongue.

I’d like to kiss him. I’d like us to meet like that too, as equals. I like the challenge of being the yin to his yin, and the yang to his yang. I want to wrestle for control, bite gently on his lower lip as he tries to caress my upper lip, suck on his tongue as he tries to suck on mine.

I want to kiss and kiss and kiss until my lips are puffed and red, used and angry, while the rest of my body is pushed up against his, waiting impatiently to get in on the action. I want to kiss until I can take no more.

I think if he slipped a finger inside me afterwards he would discover just what kissing can do for me.

I want to kiss.

And as things tend to go, because it is the one thing I cannot get from him, I think about it all the time.

11 comments:

anna said...

beautiful.

It's funny, when I was younger I never really enjoyed kissing that much--i think because my allergies always had me with a stuffed nose--and I'm not a huge fan of stubble face on my soft skin...but if its just right, a kiss can be so incredibly erotic...

learn said...

thanks anna!

that made me laugh, reminded me of my first kisses.. we both had fairly largish noses, so they would frequently clash. i'm all too familiar with that 'claustrophobic' moment during a kiss when all airway passages have been blocked. lol.

Anonymous said...

Learn:

If your lips are as sensual as your thoughts, then your man is needlessly denying himself a great deal of pleasure...

EA

learn said...

Thank you EA!

I put up a pic, so you can be the judge ;)

of course, mouths are just so sensual in general.

my all-time favorite 'lip pictures' go to cookiebush though. they're phenomenal!

Learn

PS I wouldn't call him 'my man' as such.. but yes, maybe he is missing out.

figleaf said...

WTF? What the sam hill is wrong with people these days? Kissing is just so cool. It's ok not to kiss all the time (during sex I mean, kissing all the rest of the time like when you're stopped at stoplights to make them turn green or every time you're doing dishes together is ok.) Not some of the time? Not *any* time? WTF?

Your photo suggests you've got very kissable lips. You're not really his prostitute (unless I've *really* missed something when I skimmed your archives) and even if you were it wouldn't make sense you seem to have a long-term relationship anyway.

So what's with that? I mean, maybe he just doesn't like to kiss -- some people don't -- but if so it's common enough that he probably should have mentioned it.

I'm not in a position to be hard on the guy, but I think he's missing out on a wonderful part of physical relationships. I'm sorry that means you're missing out too.

figleaf

learn said...

Hello Figleaf!

Hmm I realised after posting this (and reading your response) that I've never really made clear what the nature of my relationship with this 'him' of which I speak is.

I'll get to it in 'my (longwinded) story' eventually.. In any case, nope I'm not his prostitute lol.

It's mostly a casual physical fling. My 'fuck buddy'?

He sees other people, I don't. This puts me on kind of unequal ground, and means he's really the only one I talk about in this blog. But noone else has captured my interest quite yet, and I'm not really ready for that kind of juggling either.

We've been 'visiting' infrequntly, over two months or so. It's certainly not long-term. But it's a little less casual than it could be because we had a bit of a strange friendship beforehand.

All things I hope to talk about as I go on. Sorry for this long and somehow still vague answer, I just wanted to make things at least a little clearer.

Does this justify next to no kisses? Who knows? I'm new at this.

Learn

PS Thank you for the compliment to my photo!

PPS Another WTF case of no kissing on the other end of the spectrum: a couple of my gfs complain about how their long-term serious boyfriends stop bothering to kiss around 6 months in, after they're feeling more 'settled'...Tsk tsk.

anna said...

lips...so sexy girl! Makes me wanna kiss them!

learn said...

*blush*

expei said...

i think sometimes people in a longer relationship become more casual with each other and get caught up with daily life stuff so they leave out the long slow build ups. so kissing drops off. It takes rethinking and constant reminding to take the time and enjoy all of a person, using all of the senses.

learn said...

very true expei..

you certainly sound like you're good at this. :)

Challenging M said...

I love kissing, and even with the (few) casual encounters I've had, kissing is what makes the decision (I think) for the girls in question.

I'm not sure if its a blessing or not, but I have quite large, sensual lips - hopefully kissable ;) I've been complimented on my kissing skills, so maybe its a combination of my open, warm fuzzy personality, generous lips and enthusiasm that have elicited the compliments.

I can't understand guys who stop kissing - wierd!!!

:)

FH xxx